The Internet is no more luxury in this digital era. Almost everyone has an internet connection at their homes, offices, school etc. Most of them or say all of them use a wireless network. It’s convenient and there are definitely no issues of messing up with the wires if the connection is weak or lost. A router is necessary for an internet connection, setting up a router is somewhat of difficult but if you follow the steps correctly then you will not face any difficulty.
At first one needs to make changes in the admin panel of their network such as changing the ESSID, Fragment Threshold, RTS Threshold, Beacon Interval, DTIM Interval, Data Rate and also altering the authentication type.
So, to make your work easier, We will provide you with the best way to log in to your router admin panel. This article is mainly for the routers with the address 192.168.1.1.
How to Login to Router Admin panel with 192.168.1.1 IP:
Here is a step-by-step guide to ensure that you log in to your admin panel accurately and efficiently. In order to access the router’s setting panel, make sure you have the power cable connected to the router along with DSL or ADSL cables, this completely depends upon the type of modem you use.
- Open any browser, say Google Chrome.
- Open http://192.168.1.1 or just type 192.168.1.1 in your browser’s URL address bar. Be sure your device is connected to the router you are trying to connect with.
- Next, You’ll be redirected to a login page where you have to enter the username and password of your router that generally comes with the router.
If you have not changed your default username and password, then you can simply enter “admin” in both fields.
- Username: admin
- Password: admin
if this doesn’t work, type “administrator” in the password and username field.
- Click OK and now you’ll be directed to your router’s settings panel.
- Once you’re in the admin panel, you can make the necessary changes that you want to like changing the username and password.
List of Router Default Usernames & Password
Some routers have a default username and password for their admin panel. Go to the Router Default Username & Password Page for more information.
What if I forgot the user/password
So, what should you do if you forget the username and password of your router? No worries, here’s a small step to reset it to default.
- If you want to reset your router’s settings, there’s a small push button somewhere behind your WiFi router’s body.
- Press and hold that push button with a pen/pencil or any pointed thing for at least 8 to 10 seconds to reset your router’s settings to default.
NOTE: Press that button with a blunt pencil or something of that kind.
Also Read: 192.168.1.254 IP Address
So, these were the steps and situations that you may face while trying to login to your router’s admin panel. Be sure to secure your router by setting a proper authentication key for the connection.